PR enquiries: ciskabell@gmail.com

6 November 2012

Cornwall adventures!

Well hello there!

I am back, finally, after an amazing, blissful half term in Cornwall and what better way to say goodbye to the late nights and late mornings, doing what you like whenever you like and spending time with family than to write a blog post allll about it! I have been dying to get behind my laptop and to get everything down for you guys and as I have to go back to school tomorrow (bleh), I thought I'd jump straight in and do it now!

So, for those who don't know, Cornwall is situated right along the South-West coast of England. It rains most of the time, it's really cold and most of it consists of either beach, field or cow. Here are a few maps to give you an idea: 
A map of England - the red bit is Cornwall (obviously)
We were in the middle of nowhere, but about 15 minutes away
was a town called Fowey (pronounced Foi) - highlighted in red

We were staying in a beautiful cottage owned by friends of the family and it is so beautiful! Really typically English with a fire place, an AGA in the kitchen (google it) - it was just so cosy! It was amazing spending a week there, enjoying revising (really Ciska, really?) and spending time with family. 
But what did I actually get up to?

We went for lovely walks along the beach; it was cold but so nice!
We also went for walks in the field and watched the sun set behind the hills.
We became werewolves when there was a full moon and went hoppelling around the country side on Halloween night.
We took the car ferry to Fowey and went shopping.

We went windsurfing...
...it was very cool.
We carved a pumpkin...
...and envied other pumpkins. Although ours was far superior to these ones. (This is my sister by the way, not just some random girl..)
We frolicked along the beach with my grandparents' dog and later went swimming. In the sea. In November. While it was hailing.

We walked in the hills, yay!
So I hope that's given you a bit of a taster of what my half term was like - I hope yours was just as good! Let me know whether you did anything interesting or even if you didn't I'd love to know all the same! 
Have a good week guys,
lots of love!

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment