PR enquiries: ciskabell@gmail.com

20 December 2012

Sleigh bells ring, are you listenin'?






Hey there!

I'm so sorry I haven't really been alive recently - exams, college applications and life have just completely taken over and so if I haven't been revising or writing personal statements, I have been asleep or eating. 

Anyway! As you are probably all aware (unless you live under a rock) IT'S CHRISTMAS SOON! I'm am so excited you would not believe. So, in that spirit of things, I'm going to be answering a few Christmas related questions about past Christmases and traditions and that kind of thing! I may even shove in a couple of pictures if I can dig out any that aren't too embarrassing. Enjoy!

1. When do you start getting excited about Christmas?
As soon as summer ends and you can see your breath when breathe outside and you have to get out all your old winter hats and scarves and gloves and you need to turn the heating on, I get incredibly excited.

2. Do you still have advent calendars?

Yes of course! We always do them as a family after dinner or something.

3. What are your favourite Christmas films?

Elf I love and The Grinch of course. I used to hate The Snowman, but I'm starting to warm to it now. Also in our family we celebrate St Nicholas or Sinterklaas (click it if you want to know more) so we watch movies and TV episodes about that that my Dutch grandma records and sends to us :)

4. Do you have any funny Christmas memories?
Not really any specific memories, just being with friends and family, playing games and stuff. Everyone's always in a better mood on Christmas day so for some reason a lot of things just seem 10x funnier than they really are. Oh wait! One that I look back on now and laugh is when I was in nursery in the Netherlands. Who was I chosen to play in the class nativity? Out of all of the potential candidates there were in my whole entire class they chose me to play who? Friggin' Joseph. Will never ever forget that.

5. Talk us through your typical Christmas Day?
So this is for when we were younger..
Me and my sisters would get up quite early and maybe watch some Christmas TV or something. We don't really do stockings because we do Sinterklaas but in the morning we open some small presents before we get ready and then we go to church which is fun because it kind of brings you down to earth again to think about the real Christmas meaning like that it's not all about the presents (cheesy I know, but it's true)
Afterwards we come home and normally we either we used to go to my grandparents in Scotland or they would come to us. If we stayed at home then we would invite some friends round who maybe don't have anyone else to spend Christmas with or anywhere to go. Then after dinner we will open some more presents, maybe sing some Christmas songs and play games!

6. What do you eat for Christmas Dinner?
Standard turkey mostly, however, one year we went a bit wild and had a duck but for the most part, turkey all the way.


7. Do you have any Christmas traditions?
We always go to church, we always open presents as a family so that everyone can see what you got and we always watch the Queen's speech.


8. Which are your favourite Christmas songs?
Carol: O Come All Ye Faithful
Others: Have yourself a merry little Christmas, All I want for Christmas is YOU, Slade: Merry Christmas, generally anything on the Michael Bublé Christmas CD ;)

9. What is the best Christmas present you ever received?
Rollerblades with knee pads and elbow pads and the glove wrist protector things. The whole shabang. I was so excited I went out and rollerbladed straight away!


10.Real or fake Christmas tree?
Real real real. I have never had a fake Christmas tree in all my life.

Short, fat and odd, but I loves it.

So that's it! I do quite like doing these questionanny type posts so do let me know what you think of them! Anyway, have an excellent Christmas and a fabdab New Year; stay safe and enjoy yourself! I'll be revising most of the time, but I'll try to write another post in a week or so. 
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment